Thursday 27 January 2011

New Year, New me!

Well OK so it wasn't a new calendar year, in fact it wasn't even a new financial year, it was actually half way through a teaching year at my office job when I finally finished my PT qualification after dragging it out for a bit. Well I was a bit too busy teaching students to go off and learn something new myself afterall!


Been PT'ing (I know it's not a real word but hey!) for a little while now and got some lovely clients most of which are heading towards their goals at greater or lesser speeds. So I thought now was the time to share some ideas with other PT's, or budding PT's or anyone who needs to kill a little time reading blogs.


I want to talk first about what I think makes a good PT (not just as a PT but as a long term client of a good one too) this will take a few 'episodes' to be honest so lets just tackle a simple idea in this first blog:


Likeability
Rule one for me is to be likeable - everyone wants to be liked right? It's in most of our natures. It's also good for business. 


When a client meets me if they don't like me they will not sign up for sessions - simple but true. (Less important from trainer to client where understanding needs is key but if you detest someone you can't understand them fully).


Be likeable folks! Be interested in your clients - not nosey but show some interest, remember their pets/partners/children's name at least. Be friendly but not overly so. SMILE and mean it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment