Monday 4 August 2014

Gauntlet - throw it down? or run it?

Last week a PT buddy of mine (Hi Rich!) challenged me to blog every day - can't remember if it was for a week or a month but sure he'll remind me!

Srsly Dude, I'm too busy!!! But then I thought, Hey I have all this knowledge I want to share in order to help people and I've been reading a lot about fat loss and the obesity crisis over the last  2 months, so, here goes:


FAT FACT
Remember Dr Atkins? The guy with the high fat diet approach?
He did not die of a heart attack as many people joke - the poor guy died of a head injury after a fall.

FAT FACT
Dr Atkins diet did help many people lose weight but did not increase their heart attack risk markers. Review the research like I've been doing if you don't think it's true. (He's not the only doctor to have done this but most don't shout about their work as it goes against the received wisdom of decades.)

So, ingested fat is not the key cause that people are getting fatter. It's also interesting to note that it's not the level of calories consumed that is necessarily doing it either - the calories in-calories out approach is not working as we believed it should. It would appear that something else is at play rather than simply thermo-dynamics (calories in-out).

The key issue could be down to hormones, specifically insulin and to some degree oestrogen and cortisol. Go and have a little read up on them and we'll 'tall more' tomorrow!

Michelle (fat eating evangelist) Day

No comments:

Post a Comment